Statement regarding Covid-19
RS has been taking significant actions to minimise the risks to the health of our staff and, to the continuity of the services that we provide.
Continuity of Product Supply:
The senior management team are directing daily supplier/stock review meetings to identify potential supply issues across key product lines. Where appropriate, we are monitoring the local circumstances of the country/location from which key products originate and we are working closely with the supply chain to mitigate issues as they present.
The primary strategy for mitigation is to increase stock holding and future commitment to stock to maximise availability. RS generally operate a multiple source purchasing strategy for business-critical lines and our contingency plans include holding stock of critical lines off-site with a temporary emergency order fulfilment support service arranged in the extreme event of RS experiencing a reduced or loss of service.
Demand for certain products has increased considerably and the supply chain is reacting to - in some cases - a 10-fold increase in demand. It is important to us, that as many customers as possible can get what they need and, to this end, we are taking measures to limit customers on certain items (for example Hand Sanitizers, Disinfectants and certain other hygiene related products).
If stock outs occur, we are placing the orders received in a queue and fulfilling once stock is produced and delivered. We aim to keep our customers informed of developments and availability should stock outs of critical items occur. We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times.
w/c 16/3 - Due to a significant increase in customer orders received in the last fortnight customers should be prepared for delays to deliveries. To help process the increase of orders, we have increased our overtime schedule and added new shifts to ensure we maintain service levels as close to business as usual.
Employee Safety and of business operations:
We are following government guidelines (ACAS) closely and are implementing recommendations where appropriate.
In addition to our standard emergency response / business continuity plan we have introduced several new protocols to reduce the risk of infections and maintain an operating service:
• Additional hygiene protocols have been added to reduce the risk of exposure to employees in the workplace
• We have introduced new procedures for Visitors and Goods Inward to safeguard our staff and delivery drivers
• Our pick, pack and dispatch team are operating split shifts and aim to create non-overlapping periods
• Our sales team and admin offices are physically split from our warehouse teams
• Key staff have been setup with the ability to work from home
• All face-to-face meetings with external suppliers and customers have been deferred
• We have amended customer delivery procedures to incorporate government social distancing recommendations please be aware of this when accepting deliveries from our couriers
Key Contact Information:
If you would like further information please contact your account manager or visit our website for updates:
Tel: 0800 849 4119
Twitter - @RSSales1
Facebook – @Rssales01
Instagram – rssalesdistributionltd